Life and Health Insurance
Providing insurance to Greenwood, Indianapolis, Franklin, Whiteland, Columbus, Merrillville, Highland, Crown Point, Elkhart, South Bend & All of Indiana
Finding the right Life and Health Insurance products can be challenging in today’s insurance environment. Mayflower Insurance Services offers a complete line of individual health and life insurance products that are crafted to meet you and your family’s specific needs. We work with several different top-rated insurance companies, and will place your account with the company that will provide you with the coverage and benefits you want.
Mayflower Insurance Services can help you make sound, informed decisions about issues affecting your life, health and insurance needs. Our philosophy is to fully understand your objectives and then translate them into solutions that provide assurance and peace-of-mind.
When you die, you want to leave our survivors in a secure position. Life insurance should be a part of that plan. By investing in a policy now, you can protect your family whether you die tomorrow or fifty years from now.
Determining the right life insurance for you will take time. Multiple policy options exist, and each one can offer different benefits. Let Mayflower Insurance Services help you find the perfect fit.
Start a quote online right now or call us at 844-400-0500 for more information.
What’s Life Insurance?
At your death, you will leave a financial hole behind. Your family might not be able to support themselves without you in the mix. Life insurance can help you take care of that issue.
With your policy, you can name a beneficiary who will receive a financial settlement when you die. That person can use the settlement in various ways. They might use your policy for:
- Supplementary income. They might be able to pay standard bills, mortgages or other costs.
- Funeral costs. With funeral costs averaging more than $10,000, a tidy sum can help you family give you a fine farewell.
- Dependent child support. If you want your child to receive money for everyday needs or costs like their education, consider leaving your policy to them.
- Support for a disabled family member.
- Other personal needs
The good thing about life insurance is that the money often goes directly to your family. It doesn’t have to go through probate. Therefore, your beneficiaries will get an ample settlement.
What Policies are Out There?
Policies generally take two separate forms:
- Term policies last for a set number of years. For example, if you only want a policy while your child lives at home, this might be the best choice. You can drop coverage if you don’t plan to use it after the term ends.
- Whole-life policies last indefinitely as long you pay the premium.
Work with your insurance agent to determine which type of policy is best for you. Each will come with different terms that determine your costs and qualifications for coverage.
Thinking About Your Needs
Consider these facts to guide your decision in choosing a policy:
- Think about how much money you want to leave behind. You can often choose the amount of a settlement that a policy will provide. Some policies even offer the option to include interest accumulation. Therefore, you can grow your investment over time.
- If you want the money to go to a specific purpose, you might need to establish a trust. The account rules will make sure the money goes where it’s supposed to. For example, if you want to fund your child’s education, consider placing the money in trust for tuition.
- If you have a certain health condition, you might have to pay more for coverage. Some people also cannot qualify for certain policies.
- Generally, it’s better to get covered while you are young. As you age, your risks to the insurer might increase. They might therefore charge you more for your coverage.
Regardless of your needs or qualifications, Mayflower Insurance Services can help you find a policy that will provide your survivors with adequate compensation. Contact one of our agents at 800-400-0500 or request a policy quote right now.
What kinds of health insurance are there?
There are essentially two kinds of heath insurance: Fee-for-Service and Managed Care. Although these plans differ, they both cover an array of medical, surgical and hospital expenses. Most cover prescription drugs and some also offer dental coverage.
These plans generally assume that the medical professional will be paid a fee for each service provided to the patient. Patients are seen by a doctor of their choice and the claim is filed by either the medical provider or the patient.
More than half of all Americans have some kind of managed-care plan1. Various plans work differently and can include: health maintenance organizations (HM0s), preferred provider organizations (PPOs) and point-of-service (POS) plans. These plans provide comprehensive health services to their members and offer financial incentives to patients who use the providers in the plan.
Contact our office at 877-400-0500 for help or more information on health insurance.
Thank you for your interest in Mayflower Insurance Services. With five locations we are able to offer our services throughout Indiana, Wisconsin and Texas. Call our offices at 877-400-0500 or email us with any questions.